AFI 34-262 states that Military members, retirees, DoD civilians and their family members as well as DoD contractors working on the installation are eligible to checkout materials. Please Note: Proper DoD identification is required to checkout materials at all times.
Individuals with no military affiliation, who are teaching or attending courses at the Base Education Centers may utilize all services at the Base Library. Dependents of these patrons are not authorized to check out library materials.
Registration & Borrowing
Our libraries share a computer checkout system making borrowing convenient for our customers. Simply register at one library and you are ready to use both. In addition, you can place holds, request items and return items to and from both libraries.
Most materials - 3 weeks, 2 renewals, no limit. Exceptions are as follows:
Magazines - Back issues only - 3 weeks, 2 renewals, no limit
· DVDs - 1 week, 1 renewal, limit 10 of each per household. Sets bound together count as one.
· BluRay - 1 week, 1 renewal, limit 10 of each per household. Sets bound together count as one.
· PlayAway Views (not playaway audiobooks) - 3 weeks, 1 renewal, limit 4 per household
· Foreign Language AV - 3 weeks, 2 renewals, no limit
· Video Games – 3 weeks, 2 renewals, limit 6 per household
· Testing AV (DVD’s) – 2 weeks, 1 renewal, limit 2 per household
· Library Equipment (headphones, computers) – Library Use Only, first come first served basis, no limit, but one hour time limit if others are waiting
· Military member is responsible for all materials checked out to their library account including items checked out by family members
· Notices for AF military personnel are sent to the military members office address. All others are sent to the patron’s home address.
· With 2nd notices, First Sergeants, Master Chiefs or Supervisors are notified of delinquent accounts.
· With 3rd notices, Squadron Commanders are notified of delinquent accounts and accounts are suspended until it is in good standing.
· There are no fines for overdue materials.
· According to AFI 34-270 lost or damaged materials must be replaced, or paid for. Please speak with library staff before purchasing or paying for materials.